Saturday, 18 May 2019

Election Day

Today we get to vote. The choice of candidates is grim, and people complain in Australia that it is compulsory.
All I can say is, when you have lived in a Dictatorship for most of your life, like my parents did before we came here, voting is a pretty special thing.
I love how orderly it is, there are no machine guns or violence. I like that we get to do it. And both my kids are voting in their first federal election.
Power to the people!!! Long live democracy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for your comment. If you would like a free story and be emailed new blog posts, please follow by email

Sex, love and looking for brains

14/6/10 When you are not in a relationship, there are certain parts of your anatomy that lay dormant, unnecessary, so to say. And then when ...