Tuesday 24 August 2010

feeling weird

24/8/10

It returns.
So familiar. Always near.
It gnaws, slowly, patiently.
Where did it come from?
I wonder. And hold on to the small brittle bark of my consciousness.
I walk outside. And the answer lies
in a fine dark canvas of darkness.
She hangs freely,
gliding, teasing, mocking, scraping, grinning.
She hides once again, almost
shyly, coquettishly.
She peers around.
A glow dissipates across the vastness.
And then I hold my breath.
She suddenly bursts forward,
and I can see her. All of her.
Naked and luminous.
Whole, complete.
Shining across.
Spreading its pull,
its magic and spellbinding glare.
Magnetic and eerie,
she draws me in.
She knows that the tides are at her mercy.
My entire being sways at her will.
Goddess of the night, release me.
Tears well and fall,
and a small release she allows me.
She hides behind her tulle once again.
Far away, the ocean moans,
minds shift, tides splash,
and blood sways in unison to her magical chant.
Her hips sway in their rhythm.
Ruler of my dreams,
despot of my moods.
Abandon this small island.
Let me be.

1 comment:

Thank you very much for your comment. If you would like a free story and be emailed new blog posts, please follow by email

Hurricane, oasis, desert and flood

 There have been times in my life when the universe decides that it will pick up the base I am sitting on and literally throw everything int...